Engineering & Automation
Marion, Iowa is centrally located between eight major metro areas of the Midwest. This gets your product closer to your customers. Ready to get started? We promise you can get your project up and running here faster than anywhere else. We’ve built an environment to prove it!
It’s in our DNA to do everything we can to make sure Marion, IA - just minutes north of Cedar Rapids - is the BEST place in the Midwest to raise a family AND grow a business.
Check out the key categories in this industry:
Artificial Intelligence for Avionics
The artificial intelligence market is expected to exponentially grow by 2020. The large concentration of people with avionic and IT knowledge is vast in ICR Iowa.
Biometic Data Security
Since 2010, employment growth in the software publisher industry is 46% and 10% for investigation and security services in Linn County. In fact, the ICR Iowa region offers a higher concentration of business management and IT talent when compared to both state and national statistics.
Business Management Software Services
Since 2010, employment in this sector has grown 128% in Linn County compared to only 19% nationally. In fact, the ICR Iowa region offers a higher concentration of business management and IT talent when compared to both state and national statistics.
Cloud Computing Data Processing
Iowa is home to Facebook, Google and Microsoft data centers. It’s no wonder these companies enjoy locating in Iowa when the state supports multi-level incentives based on the size of their investment. Data Centers investing in Iowa may be eligible for 50 or 100 percent refund on sales and use tax on a variety of things such as electricity purchased for use in the data center, power infrastructure equipment, computer purchases, temperature control equipment and racking systems.
Location Based Engineering Services
Marion, IA offers an exceptional business environment for companies focused on location based engineering. With a higher concentration of the people you need, the ICR Iowa region provides a highly trained workforce at a competitive cost compared to other nationwide locations. Plus, our population has increased over 7% in just the last six years.
Utilities and Access to the World:
- The Region’s electric and natural gas rates are lower than other midwest competitors.
- Redundant and looped fiber network built with significant capacity and scalability.
- Multiple four lane highway connections just minutes from the U.S. Interstate system.
Low Cost and Fully Developed Real Estate:
- The Marion Enterprise Center is a 184-acre, certified business park located adjacent to a general aviation airport and within 20 minutes to a commercial airport.
- Leverage valuable capital with our land equity program.
- Iowa ranks 14th by Forbes among Best States for Business.
- Forbes also ranks Iowa 6th best state for cost of doing business.