Commercial Pilot/Flight Instructor
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Participates in standardization training for each course that is taught and piece of equipment used in instruction; maintains flight proficiency for each course that is instructed; adheres to all FAA regulations and departmental policies and procedures; researches new and improved teaching techniques.
- Meets with each student as published on schedule; ensures that all flight lessons are completed according to the Training Course Outline specifications; ensures that all appropriated endorsements are made in the student’s flight book and personal logbook.
- Submits requests for stage checks upon completion of each stage of flight training with the chief instructor; ensures that all flight lessons and flight books are completed before request for stage check.
- Ensures that all training activities, flights, and briefings are conducted in accordance with P&N's standard operating procedure
- Pulls aircraft in/out of hangar; helps in tying down aircraft; assists in departmental activities; attends meetings; performs other duties as assigned.
- Exceed the FAA regulations
- Fly passengers for hire on charter flights under part 135 of the FAA regulations
- Maintain flight records
- Perform well under high stress and workload in flight
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge and instructor certification appropriate to the position sought
- Knowledge of various flight instruction instrumentation and equipment
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to instruct/teach/tutor
- Ability to approach problems/decisions analytically
- Ability to reason logically and methodically
- Ability to perform under stressful circumstances
- Attentiveness to detail
24-30 per Hour
- Flexible schedule - Discounted use of company aircraft - Raises based on meeting performance goals - Profit sharing for management
High school courses important to the position:
Weather Science Business Management Geography Technical Writing Psychology
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
FAA Private Pilot FAA Instrument Rating FAA Commercial Pilot FAA Certified Flight Instructor
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Excellent personal hygiene Organizational skills Healthy lifestyle Perform well under extreme stress
Advancement opportunities in the company:
- Additional training paid by company to advance certifications - Opportunity to fly charter flights after 2 years experience