Power Plant Assistant
Performs work in and around a power plant requiring a variety of skills to include work performed in and around the turbine, pump room, boiler and fuel handling equipment.
- Routine cleaning and janitorial work.
- Provides storeroom support.
- Performs unskilled and semi-skilled physical work required in the various operations of any department of the power plant.
- Performs maintenance of buildings, equipment and grounds as assigned.
- Performs other duties which are similar, related or incidental to the position.
- Receives training for fuel handling and equipment operation
Qualifications: General knowledge of mathematics and science at the high school level; prefer two years experience and/or equivalent in an electric generating facility, steam generating station and/or a coal yard fuel handling operation. Ability to work with others; mechanical ability; knowledge of fuel-handling or heavy equipment and the layout and operation of a generating station. Possession of a valid driver's license; ability to perform the physical requirements for the job. Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group.
$27.33/hour - $29.56/hour
Competitive pay and benefits (vacation, sick time, personal time, health, dental, 401K, etc.) stable company and career growth opportunities
High school courses important to the position:
Math, Science, Reading, electricity and mechanical aptitude
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Safety, integrity, respect and service responsibility