Integrated Construction Coordinator I
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our company values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our exceptional people and exceptional teams. Mortenson has been voted a "best place to work" 38 times regionally over the past decade…
Mortenson is currently seeking an experienced Integrated Construction Coordinator, to join our Engineering Services team, with the ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Primary responsibilities include generating engineered models for substation, Transmission, distribution, or battery storage projects and creating, implementing, and supporting virtual construction processes that increase cost savings and efficiencies through integration and application of VDC processes in pre-construction and construction. This individual supports a successful virtual construction platform strategy for high voltage transmission, and other power projects of any size, to maximize the efficiency of construction projects from the initial concept to facility turnover.
- Lead the VDC design and coordination effort from design start to construction completion through the implementation of advanced software technologies. Acts as lead content generator for engineered VDC models; creates new component models as required by the engineering team.
- At the direction of the Lead engineer or Engineer project principle, issues models for review and construction.
- Create and manage VDC/BIM models to create a seamless integration that flows from procurement, to design, thru construction, and project close out that increase efficiencies and productivity. Prepares 2D drawings extracted from 3D models.
- Integrate modeling with quantity takeoffs in support of project estimates and forecasts.
- Assist estimating, pursuit, and construction teams with planning, phasing, and value engineering including design optimizations.
- Create and maintain models for project specific requirements, sequence, and collision detected shop/fabrication drawings
- Assist project teams with construction scheduling, including creation of 4D simulations of project baseline schedules for project and client review, and supervising subsequent schedule/model updates.
- Perform quality checks on modeling efforts of others to ensure tools to support upstream engineering or downstream project management
- Train project team members in the management and use of electronic construction information.
- Ensure data quality assurance.
- Follow and develop VDC standards.
- Incorporate construction methods in a 3D environment.
- May be located on a project site and work directly with a project team.
- May include, but is not limited, to implementing Mortenson BIM/VDC uses: existing conditions modeling, cost estimation, phase planning (4D), site analysis, design reviews, 3D visualization, 3D coordination, site utilization planning, construction system design, digital fabrication, 3D control planning, and record modeling.
$51,000 - $72,000
Retirement & Financial Benefits Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan Defined Contribution Pension Plan Health & Insurance Benefits Health Insurance Life Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance Long-term Disability Insurance
High school courses important to the position:
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
High level of competency with advanced CAD software. (2D and 3D AutoCAD and Inventor) Desired Software proficiencies: Minimum 2 years work experience Autodesk AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault Working Experience of AutoCAD Electrical is preferred Education: Associates or Bachelor?s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or other related degree from an accredited college or university in the requirement as well as appropriate additional and continuing educational courses.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Exhibit a positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills