Do you have a real passion for being part of a creative, forward thinking organization estimating some of the highest profile, diverse projects in the industry, while utilizing the most efficient and up to date technology?
Mortenson is currently seeking an Estimator I who will be responsible for gathering, calculating, and compiling data in order to produce project estimates; for smaller projects, this position will also prepare the full estimate. Strong communication skills are necessary as you will be interacting with staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment. Your ability to remain inventive, dedicated, and efficient with a high level of integrity and confidentiality is vital to your success in this role.
What will you be doing?
Starting at conceptual design our Estimators work with the owners and designers to fully understand the scope for their projects and create the budget that aligns with this scope. In many cases they are instrumental in finding effective design and cost solutions to enable these projects to move forward. The Estimator will also be a primary contact for the trade contractors on these projects, communicating scope and validating the budgets that are received. Our Estimators can expect to work on a multitude of project types including sports facilities, health care, data centers, laboratories, higher education, hospitality and others.
Organization, flexibility, excellent customer focus, and strong communication are critical in performing duties which include:
- Build Project Estimates
- Complete quantity take-offs and summations of materials
- Solicit trade partners, obtain bid estimates and time projections for preparing vendor proposal comparisons and estimate summary sheets
- Help in preparing, organizing, and coordinating Request for Proposal documents and schedules, utilizing schedule information to estimate General Contractor's and other items where schedule is important
- Determine all pricing options and the appropriate price for the project
- Support lead estimator in data input into estimating software program(s)
- Perform archive filing and historical cost data gathering
- Participate in plan and estimate review meetings, other project review meetings, and site investigations, as needed
- Support lead estimator in gathering information from local government and private entities that may affect project (i.e. permits, hearings, etc.)
- Help manage Addendum log and documents from customers/clients
- Provide direction to new Estimators and Engineers as they join the team
- Solicit new bidders when needed, and collect necessary documents for inclusion in future projects
- May provide training to other estimators and interns
Range frp, $66,00 - $84,000
Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan Defined Contribution Pension Plan Health & Insurance Benefits Health Insurance Life Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance Long-term Disability Insurance
High school courses important to the position:
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Minimum one-year construction operations experience, including exposure to materials management and project operations Current driver?s license Detail orientation sufficient to organize and handle multiple project tasks Applicable mathematical skills Familiarity with building/estimating techniques and software: ISqFt, ICE/Bid2Win, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, Google Earth Ability to interpret and communicate Mortenson policies Education: Associate?s or Bachelor?s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or similar or equivalent experience
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Positive professional attitude, and strong customer service skills