In this role, you will perform a variety of engineering work in designing, planning, constructing, installing, operating and maintaining structures, facilities, systems, equipment, machinery and components used in generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of energy for domestic, commercial, residential and industrial consumption.
- Works on routine assignments in a structured environment under close supervision, typically with a more experienced engineer’s review and oversight.
- Participates in Safe Start training to understand the philosophy of zero injuries. Follows safety rules and practices to identify and correct unsafe conditions for self and team.
- Learns basic customer needs and expectations; makes an effort to identify problems and solutions within assigned work.
- Uses standard practices and procedures to solve problems limited in scope. Implements alternative methods or resources for getting routine work done. Applies governmental and organizational engineering standards.
- Understands the basic need of combining technical and cost effective criteria into an overall solution through developing a budget, schedule and scope of work by working with the customer.
- Makes decisions that involve direct application of technical knowledge with guidance from supervisor.
- Learns the business environment.
- Works with union employees, contractors and business unit customers in a functional or project management role.
- Develops relationships at the department, customer and peer level; participates on teams as assigned.
- Demonstrates awareness of the corporate balance sheet and income statement and understands the difference between a rate payer and shareholder. Learns and participates in the departmental budgeting process. Learns to apply the chart of accounts appropriately to ERP.
- Acquires an understanding of appropriate communications with vendors, field construction, operations personnel, and internal stakeholders. Learns to document project activities and decisions for future reference.
- All other duties as assigned.
New grad or someone with less than two years $64,000 - $65,000 - $70,109 ?dependent upon level and what type of engineer
Competitive pay and benefits (vacation, sick time, personal time, health, dental, 401K, etc.) stable company and career growth opportunities
High school courses important to the position:
Math and science
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
This position requires a four year degree from an accredited college or university, within an engineering program that is accredited through the Engineering Accreditation Commission. Previous technical and/or professional experience preferred. An internship or co-op in engineering preferred. Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to use computer software programs (e.g., e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, and project management). Must have engineering degree (Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, and Mechanical)
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Safety, integrity, respect and service responsibility