Electrical Service Technician
- Service, repair, install, and or propose replacement of electrical components, accessories, and equipment. Including but not limited to standby generators, surge protectors, electrical distribution panels/equipment, disconnects, fixtures, security lighting, landscape lighting, attic fans, ceiling fans, meter bases, service risers, underground services, and wiring in residential, commercial and industrial settings.
- Replace, repair, modify, and or install electrical components, accessories, and equipment to meet or exceed the manufacturer’s recommendations and/or local codes which ever standard is higher.
- Assist the consumer in making a buying decision related to the electrical equipment and service agreements.
- Can service and startup equipment, and adjust to the manufacturers and job specification.
- Can troubleshoot, adapt, and resolve/repair all issues that arise that would keep the equipment from functioning properly or the customer from being satisfied.
- Communicate to the consumer on the proper operation and owner’s maintenance of the installed equipment. Answer related questions as to operation, features, and functions to the homeowner.
- Assures compliance with the company and customer safety policies and practices.
- Understand and promote our company’s philosophy and values.
- Promotes excellent customer service and quality installations on all our customers’ projects.
- Responds to customer calls promptly and professionally.
- Coordinates changes in schedule with customer and Service Manager.
- Provides prompt and accurate emailed documentation of field work for billing purposes
- Other duties as assigned.
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and AD&D, Vision Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, AFLAC Supplemental Insurance, MAC Athletic Fitness Membership, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Apparel and Apparel Allowance, GI Assistance Available, Apprentice Training Program, Tuition Reimbursement Bonuses on Project Performance
High school courses important to the position:
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Licensed Journeyman Electrician, valid Iowa driver?s license and good driving record. Class A ? CDL, permit or ability to obtain in 90 days.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Basic Computer Skills