- Prepare drawings including electrical schematics, physical arrangements, operating diagrams and line location maps.
- Support the design and construction of substation and communication projects through administration and minor design assistance.
- Support the administration and management of external contracted resources through drafting and minor design assistance.
- Assist with the bidding, evaluation and purchase of materials and services for substation and communication projects.
- Assist in record keeping, permit applications, compliance and other technical duties as assigned.
- Coordinate the flow of engineering and operation documents with the area offices and other utilities.
- Monitor and reorder inventory of drafting supplies and requisition materials as necessary.
- Maintain drawing management software.
$52,621 - $78,932
Health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid time off, pension, 401(k), short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending accounts, life and accident insurance, employee assistance program, wellness portal and coaching
High school courses important to the position:
Math, science, drafting/design, industrial technology
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Associate degree in a technical field
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, planning and organizational skills, time management skills, detail-oriented, collaborative, ability to work effectively in a team environment, computer skills