Maintains interiors of Amazing Space building, Penningroth Barn, and Sugar House in a clean and user-friendly manner. Maintains and improves cleanliness of spaces to create a positive environment and support our zero waste initiative. Interacts positively with staff and guests. Represents ICNC in a positive and professional manner.
- Safely and efficiently carries out all duties.
- Performs regular indoor maintenance, including but not limited to vacuuming carpeted areas, sweeping and mopping hard surface floors
- Takes trash and recycling from the building to the appropriate dumpster
- Cleans toilet, counters, sinks and drinking fountains Restocks toilet paper/paper towels as needed
- Notifies supervisor of any problems, such as low supplies or broken items
- Removes spiders from corners
- Dusts bare horizontal surfaces
- Cleans interior windows
- Wipes down door knobs and handles
- Washes cleaning rags
- Changes mousetraps
- Ensures facilities are secured and lights are off at the end of shift
- Perform other duties as directed.
Paid hourly based on experience
Unlimited PTO if regularly working more than 20 hours per week, flexible schedule, 1 free rental of Amazing Space per year, discounted rentals of Amazing Space, discount in Creekside Shop, free use of ICNC kayaks and canoe, free firewood.
High school courses important to the position:
An affinity for the outdoors and dedication to the mission of our non-profit organization.
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
4 years of experience in the custodial field, preference for commercial experience. Valid driver?s license. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Energetic, professional demeanor, positive attitude and motivation. Has experience working with a variety of cleaning products and tools. Adept at identifying areas that need cleaning attention and following through with addressing those problems. Ability to maintain schedule and to be on time. Physically fit and able to go outside for short durations year round in all seasons.
Advancement opportunities in the company:
Our Custodian will be considered for an open positions at ICNC in which he or she qualifies.