Crew Leader - Garage
General Job Description: Under general supervision, directs and works with a crew in connection with operation and maintenance of fleet and transportation equipment. Performs the duties of their respective Journeyman classification.
- Ensures compliance with safety and environmental rules and practices, and company standards.
- Coordinates, plans and schedules work, equipment, and materials needed to complete operating, maintenance and construction projects.
- Administers labor agreement.
- Handles customer questions and complaints.
- Demonstrates leadership skills to direct the activities of individuals and or crews toward the accomplishment of goals.
- Demonstrates communications skills to listen effectively, to transmit information accurately and understandably and to actively seek feedback.
- Exercises influencing skills to persuade, direct, and lead opinion.
- Demonstrates short-term project planning skills to plan workflow, coordinate projects and resolve conflicting demands.
- Leads, trains and instructs employees in their work.
$34.40 per hour
High school courses important to the position:
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Garage mechanic journeyman status is required. Minimum of fours years of experience is required to be considered at a journeyman status. Experience with diesel and gas engines is required. Must have experience with hydraulic systems and heavy equipment as will as automotive experience. CDL required
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):