The Material Handler plays a crucial role in providing an exceptional experience to everyone that touches Marion Process Solutions by ensuring a proper routing of all parts, materials and equipment to both internal and external customers. They are expected to provide excellent customer service to promote and support our products.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations as well as attending all required safety related training sessions.
- Accountable for ownership of safety and encouragement of safety program compliance with all teammates.
- A key responsibility for this role will be maintaining all metal cutting/bending equipment and steel stock. This includes cutting/bending all material for projects and delivering on time to the fabricators. Responsibilities will also include ensuring the stock quantity level of all steel is accurate through communication with the Supply Chain Management Group and weekly inventory cycle counts. Maintaining the cleanliness of the area, ensuring the proper labeling of all steel racks, and that steel is stocked in the correct locations is critical.
- Fill customer orders, coordinate carrier and create Bill of Lading while ensuring proper packaging and on time delivery.
- Pick and issue parts and components for jobs.
- Assist in the determination of parts to cycle count and perform cycle counts.
- Coordination with procurement to ensure proper levels of shipping suppliers are maintained.
- Set up and operate equipment and hand tools including but not limited to: blade press, drill press, miter saw, pneumatic nailer/stapler, and circular saw.
- Receive, inspect and bin all incoming parts and materials.
- Load/unload LTL and flatbed shipments.
- Interface with all internal teams to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal sales, project management, accounting and engineering teams as well as with other members of the production team.
- Willingness to work overtime hours as dictated by the project or customer’s needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Beginning the first calendar day of the month following your date of hire: Group Medical Insurance through Wellmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield Group Dental Insurance through Wellmark Blue Dental Group Vision Insurance through VSP Medical and Dependent Care Expense Reimbursement Plans (using pre-tax dollars) Employer-paid Group Life Insurance equal to 100% of your annual salary, up to $125,000 Employer-paid Short- and Long-Term Disability coverage; Voluntary benefits through AFLAC Paid Time Off, including 9 paid holidays for 2018 One Employer-paid ?Volunteer? day per year An Employer-paid Wellness Program through MercyCare Business Health Solutions Reimbursement for prescription safety glasses and protective footwear (steel-toed boots) Beginning the first calendar day of the month following your 90-day employment anniversary: A 401K retirement plan administered by Principal Financial. The Company will match 50% of the first 5% you contribute Employer Discretionary Match incentive program. The Company will make an annual contribution to your 401K account based on the Company?s profitability. Employees must participate in the 401K to be eligible. A ?Gain Sharing? incentive program based on attainment of semi-annual and annual gross profit goals
High school courses important to the position:
Math, technology, shop/industrial arts
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Fork lift certified
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Safety focused. Previous safety training. Strong work ethic with a positive attitude. Mechanical aptitude and strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Computer and software-related skills. Ability to read blueprints. Mathematical skills. Fork lift and pallet jack operation. Overhead crane and jib crane operation. Customer focused. Ability to build strong relationships with customers, vendors and co-workers. Detail-oriented. Drive for continuous improvement. Self-motivated. Ability to juggle multiple priorities with strict deadlines. Ability to analyze, identify and then follow up to resolve discrepancies. Ability to decipher the immediacy of problems and determine an effective resolution for the issue
Advancement opportunities in the company:
Teammates starting in this role could move to part/service sales, fabrication, shipping, depending on their skills and interests