Monitor NOC work queues.
- Provide phone support with field technicians.
- Instruct users on appropriate action regarding solutions to problems and maintenance through excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Use and maintain tools and documentation (knowledge base, FAQs, WIKI, etc.).
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment, hardware, network, and software related issues in a timely manner.
- Research, document and resolve issues to meet SLA requirements and escalate if necessary.
- Maintain familiarity with all products and services offered.
- Remain current with changing technology as it relates to customer support.
- Troubleshoot system problems and complete repair in a timely and efficient manner, ensuring minimal re-occurrence of the problem and avoid rework.
- Follow appropriate workflow and time management while maintaining customer focus in all activities while providing high quality customer service.
- Maintain ownership and follow through on all customer issues until those issues are resolved.
- CCR Overview: CCR, named a “Great Place To Work,” is a privately held corporation founded in 1986. We provide technology services to large and small businesses nation-wide. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA, CCR has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America for the last 6 years. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k Retirement, Short and Long Term Disability, Group Term Life Insurance Policy CCR offers a unique work-life environment. Our competitive benefits package includes free daily lunch for team members, gym membership and wellness incentives, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, 401k program, quarterly profit sharing, short & long term disability and life insurance.
High school courses important to the position:
Math & Science
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
CompTIA Security +, Network + certification or comparable operational skills required. CompTIA LINUX+ or LPIC certifications or comparable operational skills preferred. Experience in a Network Operations Center monitoring mission critical applications and services. Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP including IP Addressing and sub-netting, network connectivity, LAN and WAN architectures, etc. Strong experience supporting and troubleshooting network infrastructure and troubleshooting. Operational understanding of switching and routing architectures required. Operational understanding of VPN?s, including: IPSec, STP, PPTP, L2TP, SSL, MPLS - Operational understanding of BGP, OSPF, GRE, IS-IS, EIGRP routing protocols. - Operational understanding of 802.1q and VLAN trunking, and QOS. Mikrotik MTCNA or Cisco CCENT or CCNA certification, or similar routing certification or comparable operational skills preferred. Basic understanding of projects and project management. Operational understanding and skills with support and troubleshooting. VMWare certifications, including VSphere, or comparable skills are required. CompTIA Net+; CompTIA Security+; CCNA; Linux+
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Drive, Passion, Agility
Advancement opportunities in the company:
We invest highly in our team members and constantly encourage growth and development so if there is additional training a team member may need to lead them to their next role within the company we want to help them get there. We love to promote from within when we have the talent.