Circle Computer Resources
The Developer performs all aspects of Software Development and Integration including design, development, implementation, maintenance and support of all internal CCR systems. This position will translate software requirements into workable programming code.
Experience: 1-3 year experience with Microsoft, .Net Development
CCR Overview:CCR, named a “Great Place To Work,” is a privately held corporation founded in 1986. We provide technology services to large and small businesses nation-wide. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA, CCR has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Owned Companies in America for the last 6 years. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CCR offers a unique work-life environment. Our competitive benefits package includes free daily lunch for team members, gym membership and wellness incentives, health, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off and paid holidays, 401k program, quarterly profit sharing, short & long term disability and life insurance.
- Create, maintain, and implement source code according to detailed specifications.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and responds to errors and emergency problems.
- Assist with software and system releases.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls.
- Properly document program changes in source code.
- Responsible for entering time & expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of .NET web framework.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Visual Studio as an IDE.
- Proficient in VB.NET and/or C#.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Experience with popular web application frameworks.
- The ability to write clean, readable, and easily maintainable code.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as team server or Git.
- Proficient in evaluating an API for integration with other software applications.
- Preferred but not required, knowledge of SOAP and/or REST.
- Preferred but not required, familiarity with DevExtreme or DevExpress .Net UI Controls.
General Skills, Knowledge and Ability:
- Excellent written and oral skills: able to document activities accurately and effectively within a ticketing system.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Advanced analytical problem-solving approach.
- Strong trouble shooting capabilities with ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and solve practical - problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain records.
- Advanced organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent decision-making ability even with limited information.
- Thorough and resourceful in completing tasks independently.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Learn and gain a solid understanding of CCR systems.
- Lifelong learner with the ability to keep current with industry trends and applicable technologies.
- Experience writing functional and design specifications for software applications.
Work Environment/Physical Demands: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee will encounter moderate noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, type, walk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to operate in cramped and confined spaces, and lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401k Retirement, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance Policy.
High school courses important to the position:
Computer classes Programming
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Associates or Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Drive, Passion, Agility
Advancement opportunities in the company:
We invest a lot in our team members so any additional training or development for either the current role, or training that future roles may require we do our best to support. We highly encourage continued learning and development.