The Accounting Specialist is a support position within the accounting structure of ESCO Group. This position is best described as a billing resource. Work executed will be for a multi-discipline accounting team. This position requires knowledge of accounting principles.
• Set up customer jobs in accounting system accurately and in a timely manner.
• Facilitate cost account meetings with Project Managers and/or General Foremen, review and analyze cost information, and update notes in the collaboration tool.
• Prepare and post project accounting adjustments by updating estimates, increasing contract amounts, adding change orders, updating job type and/or tracking purchase orders.
• Initiate time and material moves as needed.
• Review collaboration tool to determine customer billing requirements.
• Prepare customer invoices by gathering information such as unbilled WIP reports, purchase orders, and material invoices.
• Send weekly time reports to customers.
• Review job sales and use tax issues.
• Provide assistance researching job numbers to Payroll and Accounts Payable.
• Close customer jobs on completion.
• Monitor and maintain assigned customer accounts including customer calls, account adjustments, and customer reconciliations.
• Communicate and follow up with internal and external customers regarding outstanding issues.
• Document collection efforts within Accounts Receivable aging tool.
• Accountable for reducing delinquency for assigned accounts.
• Process customer credit card payments as needed; may prepare or post daily deposits.
• Document internal processes and process changes—creating clear SOPs as needed.
• Assist in identifying team goals and be a key participant in achieving team goals.
• Be a key driver of process improvement for the ERC.
• Assist with answering phones and front desk support.
$30,000 - 50,000
Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Paid Leave, 401k, EAP, Flu Shots, Chair Massages, Health Screenings, Fitness Centers, and Wellness Seminars
High school courses important to the position:
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Organization, Time Management, Multi-tasking, Communication, Detail-Oriented, Initiative, Resourcefulness, Teamwork, and Adaptable
Advancement opportunities in the company:
ESCO Group encourages personal and professional development at all levels. Employees have the opportunity choose career paths within their disciplines, pursuing progressively more complex and challenging assignments and projects.