Student Support Services Teacher
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and effectively communicate those objectives to students.
- Identify students' needs and make appropriate referrals and develop strategies for individual education plans.
- Effectively communicate with parents on a regular basis outside the normal classroom day by means of newsletters, e-mail, notes, phone calls and individual parent conferences.
- Discuss student problems, behavior incidents, positive developments, and progress with parents in an honest, sensitive, and confidential manner.
- Promotes parent participation and involvement in education activities provided for their children.
- Confer and cooperate with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting student learning, following approved curricula.
- Confer with parents or guardians, other teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve student behavioral and academic problems.
- Identify students showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
- Engage in collaborative work and contribute to team planning.
Employer-paid single health & dental insurance plans Optional family medical/dental, vision insurance and flexible spending plans Paid illness / personal / professional time Employer-paid life insurance policy Employer / Employee IPERS contributions
High school courses important to the position:
All general high school required courses
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Bachelor's degree in Education; Valid Iowa Teaching License with special education endorsement (varies per position).
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Ability to listen, speak, write, read, and respond clearly to students, parents, community members, and to peers; Strong interpersonal skills; Work as part of a team and plan collaboratively; dependability; willingness to be an ongoing learner.
Advancement opportunities in the company:
Leadership / Principal positions