Lead Teacher and Teacher?s Assistant
General Job Description: The position of Teacher Assistant, you shall perform such duties as are assigned to you in that capacity including but not limited to the following:
- Help with needed order and care of the children
- Arrive at school at the time scheduled and be prepared to work the hours designated by the Principal
- Take breaks, etc. as scheduled by the Principal ( a half an hour break per 5 hours worked will be given)
- Assist in keeping classroom and classroom activities clean, neat, orderly and ensure that the school building and all contents are kept in good condition
- Share assigned playground, clean-up duties, assist with lunch as scheduled, etc. with other staff as scheduled by the Principal
- Preparing snack
- Greeting early arrivals and taking them to before school care
- Greeting children and parents as they arrive
- Assisting children with outdoor clothing and shoes
- Observing children’s needs and adjusting the activities based on the level of energy
- Observing the dynamics of the classroom and looking where to be most useful
- Ensuring safety and harmony outdoors
- Helping children get ready, wash hands, etc., at lunch
- Supervising at nap time
- Administrative duties – filing papers, making copies, laminating and cutting materials, sharpening pencils, cutting paper, etc.
- Replenishing supplies, snacks, etc.
- Checking to ensure that all parts to all the materials are in working order
- Cleaning the classroom and shelves at the end of each day
$12-$16 per hour
Paid spring break, Winter break, Thanksgiving break, and professional development days. Weekends, evenings and summers off. Part of the AMS Montessori Teacher?s Training will be paid by MSM.
High school courses important to the position:
Child Development, English, Speech, Health, Psychology, Music, Art, History.
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
High School Diploma to begin. An Associate?s Degree, and Bachelor?s Degree will be needed for advancement. A good candidate to become a Montessori teacher is one that is an active and curious learner. They must respect a child's unique learning needs and have an interest as well as a respect for their students.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Great people skills, an observer, a learner, humble, and a great role model.