The program assistant leads or supervises programs at Indian Creek Nature Center on an as-needed basis. This person also prepares materials and curriculum prior to the program and ensures adequate facilities are set-up ahead of program and torn-down and clean-up afterwards.
- Assists and/or leads youth, adult, and public programs as needed, including, but not limited to: maple syrup programs, school field trips, public programs, birthday parties, and summer programs. Prepares materials, sets up facilities, and cleans up from program as required.
- Assists with coordinating and facilitating special event programs as directed. May coordinate volunteer committees and work groups, assist with promotional materials, supervise and evaluate the event.
- Attend community events and staff a vendor table on behalf of Indian Creek Nature Center. This includes oral communication about our mission, distributing materials, leading demonstrations, set-up and tear-down, and being a positive face of ICNC.
- Attends teacher naturalist training as requested.
- Perform other duties as directed.
$9+ per hour
Unlimited PTO if regularly working more than 20 hours per week, flexible schedule, 1 free rental of Amazing Space per year, discounted rentals of Amazing Space, discount in Creekside Shop, free use of ICNC kayaks and canoe, free firewood.
High school courses important to the position:
Affinity for the outdoors, leadership experience, experience teaching or guiding people of all ages.
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Love of working with and teaching people of all ages. Ability to pass a background check. High-school diploma, or currently pursuing diploma. Related experience desired, but not expected.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Energetic, professional demeanor, positive attitude and motivation. Basic knowledge of outdoor skills, regional ecology and environmental principles. Adept at identifying and solving problems. Good oral and written communication skills and ability to share and teach information. Ability to be outdoors in good and inclement weather. Must have flexible schedule and the ability to work on an as-needed basis, typically on evenings and weekends.
Advancement opportunities in the company:
Program Assistants will be considered for an open positions at ICNC in which they qualify.