Provides on site staff coverage during after hours and weekend facility rentals. Exercises exceptional customer service skills and independent judgment in decision making. Demonstrated problem-solving ability. Represents ICNC in a positive manner.
- Represents ICNC as main point of contact during building rentals.
- Assists or supervises assigned events.
- Ensures that facilities are returned to appropriate state before finishing coverage.
- Interacts with guests, attendees, volunteers, staff, and other individuals in a positive, helpful, and professional manner.
- Ensures that building and facilities are secured at appropriate times, including at end of event.
- Ensures that event or renter has all necessary items according to stated contract.
- Contacts appropriate staff or authorities in the event of an emergency situation.
- Follows ICNC alcohol policies and procedures and ensures that all events and rentals are adhering to these procedures.
$9+ an hour
Unlimited PTO if regularly working more than 20 hours per week, 1 free rental of Amazing Space per year, discounted rentals of Amazing Space, discount in Creekside Shop, free use of ICNC kayaks and canoes, free firewood.
High school courses important to the position:
Affinity for the outdoors and for working in a mission-driven non-profit organization.
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
Minimum high school diploma. Must have valid Iowa driver?s license and able to pass a criminal background check.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Represents ICNC in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current staff, customers, volunteers, suppliers, and the community. Creative and energetic with strong public and human relations abilities, professional appearance, positive attitude and motivation. Support of organizational goals and mission. Flexibility to work weekends and evenings and to perform other functions of office staff. Excellent writing & communication skills. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds unassisted.
Advancement opportunities in the company:
Event Assistants are interviewed and considered for any open positions at ICNC for which they qualify.