- Review vaccination records and prepare vaccines according to our vaccine protocol
- Place IV catheters
- Anesthetic induction & intubation of patients & pain management of surgery patients
- Assist with anesthetic monitoring
- Administer treatments and injections as directed by doctor
- Take vital signs of patients including temperature, pulse, and respiration
- Perform radiographs on patients
- Perform routine dental procedures
- Check in/discharge patients and provide client education
- Assist doctors with patient restraint, patient treatment and patient care; knowledge of restraint of fractious patients
- Prepare prescriptions for patients
- Assist with surgical prep and procedures
- Perform routine laboratory testing
- Clean and maintain the hospital premises, including kennels and equipment
- Document and maintain patient charts in Avimark
- Schedule appointments for multiple doctors, recording messages for doctors and team
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Utilize Fear Free/stress free techniques
We offer a competitive wage, paid time off, allowance for continued education, professional dues, scrubs, paid holidays, employee pet discount, monthly bonus opportunities and a retirement plan.
High school courses important to the position:
Math, any science related course, speech and communication.
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
2 Year Veterinary Technician Degree.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Communication, compassion, empathy, positive attitude.
Advancement opportunities in the company:
Specialties, Veterinary Technician supervisor.