- Check-in/discharging patients and providing client education
- Assist doctors and technicians with patient restraint, patient treatment and patient care
- Prepare prescriptions for patients
- Assist with anesthetic monitoring
- Assist with surgical prep and procedures
- Perform routine laboratory testing
- Clean and maintain the hospital premises, including kennels and equipment
- Document and maintain patient charts in Avimark
- Post & record payments
- Schedule appointments for multiple doctors, record messages for doctors and team
- Utilize Fear Free/stress free techniques
- Perform other duties as assigned
We offer a competitive wage, paid time off, scrubs, paid holidays, employee pet discount, monthly bonus opportunities and a retirement plan.
High school courses important to the position:
Math, any science related courses, speech, communication.
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
1 Year Veterinary Assistant Certificate.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
Communication, compassion, empathy, positive attitude, willingness to learn, multi-tasking.
Advancement opportunities in the company:
Veterinary Assistant Supervisor.