Thank you for your interest in this opportunity, this application is now closed. Stay tuned for the opportunity to reopen spring of 2021.
This student will visit the community build site on a weekly basis to capture progress made on the home, take photos and write a weekly blog and social media post to be posted to the Community Promise website and social media channels. All work created will be approved by the Marion Economic Development team prior to public posting. We look forward to viewing this project through the lens of a student! All interested applicants may submit the form below.
General Roles and Responsibilities of Marion Community Build Media Student:
- Must show an interest in journalism, social media, and communications
- Must be able to transport themselves to work site
- Must follow social distancing guide lines per student school district as well as wear a mask at all times
- Must have access to a camera and computer
- Must have good communication skills
- Must have the hours between 1:30-3 pm available on at least two days between M-F, work schedule will be decided upon according to student availability and days at work site
- Student must be a currently enrolled high school student in either the Marion Independent or Linn-Mar Community School District. Students who reside in either district shall also qualify.