The Marion Economic Development Corporation was incorporated in 1984 by a group of local visionaries who supported a growing business environment for the community. They recognized that for the community to thrive, it would be best if local business owners and investors provided leadership and support to direct strategic local development efforts.
Why Do We Exist?
The Marion Economic Development Corporation exists to be economic development thought leaders who drive competitive advantage for Marion.
How Do We Behave?
We behave by being:
- Leaders - Stay fresh, ask why not
- The Example – Set a new bar by elevating expectations.
- Trustworthy - Deliver on all promises
- Devoted Advocates - All in, Marion first
What Do We Do?
- We serve as the catalyst of economic development in Marion.
How Will We Succeed?
We will succeed by:
- Staying focused, engaging partners, and knowing when to say no
- Overcommunicating the clear value of MEDCO through a redesigned investment drive.
- Engaging 50% of Marion businesses, 60% of students, and 100% of teachers in Community Promise.
- Aligning new talent to support the vision.
- Leveraging unique assets to create exceptional experiences for business
MEDCO works with several organizations locally to further the goal of making Marion and ICR Iowa the premiere place to live, work, and operate a business.
|City of Marion
1225 6th Ave.
Marion, Iowa 52302
|Cedar Rapids Metro Economic Alliance
501 First St. SE
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
|Marion Chamber of Commerce
1225 6th Avenue, Suite 100
|Iowa Economic Development Authority
200 East Grand Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50309