Business, Finance, Marketing, and Management
Job Description and Responsibilities: Reporting directly to the President, the National Sales Director is responsible for identifying and cultivating new markets, segments and channels as well as managing existing ones to maximize revenue opportunities and optimize profits. Working in a collaborative environment with our marketing and product development teams this position is responsible for increasing the company’s market share through the development and implementation of annual strategic sales plans for the distribution channels in each of the segmented marketplaces Legacy products are sold. The company’s North American sales coverage is achieved through a network of independent manufacturer’s representatives managed by the company’s four regional sales managers and supported by the company’s sales support department. The regional sales managers and the sales support manager report to the National Sales Director.
- Develop annual forecast and implement strategic sales plans to achieve corporate objectives across all regions.
- Direct sales activities and set performance goals accordingly.
- Analyze and control sales expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Prepare previous month’s sales activity and potential sales pipeline reports
- Analyze sales reports to assess current sales performance against plan to determine effectiveness.
- Hold monthly sale meeting with regional managers to communicate YTD performance and necessary sales strategy adjustments.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities and report findings periodically.
Starting salary: Negotiable
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Supplemental Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) Match program, Life/LTD/STD Insurance, Vacation and Personal Time
High School Courses Important to Position: Speech, math, English, debate, foreign language, etc.
Additional Training or Certifications Needed to Qualify for Position:
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Ability to build effective relationships internally and externally
- Possess effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and still produce result
- Ability to be flexible
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Visionary individual
- Experience in similar position or organization
- Demonstrated ability to retain high performing team of sales personnel
- Ability to meet up with targets
- Ability to be proactive and plan effectively
- Management skills; ability to get people moving towards a specific task
- Enthusiastic and passionate of the work
- Must possess time management skills, with the ability to make timely decisions
- Possess good organizational skills
- Possess leadership skills and the ability to work with a team
- Ability to think strategically
- Possess people skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to build and maintain effective networks
- Strategy development and project management skills
- Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- Proficiency with technology- analytic, communication and presentation software tools (MS Office Suite, ERP systems)
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Field, MBA is a plus
- Major National Accounts Management Responsibility
- Minimum 5 years of sales and marketing experience within the Tools & Equipment product category