Business, Finance, Marketing, and Management
General Description of Job: As the Mortgage Servicing/Closing Representative, you’ll be responsible for all tasks associated with the servicing of residential mortgage loans, and completing closing tasks as assigned. Servicing is done for both the in-house and sold mortgage loans in compliance with investor guidelines for both Fannie Mae and FHLB loans. This role includes processing mortgage loan applications to closing and post-closing to ensure timeliness, accuracy and completeness of files.
- Book new and refinanced residential mortgage loans
- Perform mortgage closing duties while maintaining a closing pipeline of 10 to 15 loans. Closing duties include ordering documentation, reviewing title work, preparing the closing documents, and working with the member and lender to close the loan in a timely manner
- Assist with the insurance processing tasks (i.e. opening and sorting the mail, looking up account numbers, submitting policies to our third party insurance tracking company, etc.)
- Prepare mortgage loan payoff quote letters internally and externally upon request and post mortgage loan payoff transactions
- Assist members and coworkers in setting up auto transfers to residential mortgages
- Answer mortgage phone calls and perform follow up tasks
- Perform outgoing courtesy calls to members with new mortgage loans
- Assist with the administration of escrow accounts - including maintaining accurate records and annual escrow analysis activities
Starting salary (may include a range): Depending on experience
Company Benefits: As a financial cooperative that puts its members first, Dupaco's success depends on a strong and healthy relationship with our growing membership. Service we provide our members helps strengthen members' financial positions, which in turn helps strengthen the entire financial cooperative and the communities in which we serve. We do have a competitive benefit package for our staff which includes Health Benefits, Personal Time Off, an exceptional 401K Match and more!
High school courses important to the position: General Studies
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position:
- High School diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
- Financial Industry experience required
- Mortgage experience in processing, closing, or servicing preferred
- Interpersonal skills necessary to gather data from a number of sources and to represent positively the credit union during such contacts
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions within guidelines
- Excellent computer skills
- Good math skills
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills): Customer service, detail oriented, ability to make an impact, communication, time management and problem solving
What kind of advancement opportunities exist in the company? Dupaco offers more than just a job - we offer opportunities for rewarding, meaningful careers. A position as a Teller Service Associate is a great way to build the foundation of your career. Employees are able to apply for positions to continue to advance their career within our organization.