General Job Description: The Project Engineer assists Project Managers and Superintendents in project administration through supervised involvement in project design coordination, estimating, construction, scheduling, cost control, and construction administration.
Specific duties include: developing a working understanding of budgets, schedules, RFI’s, submittals/shop drawing review, invoices, quantity takeoffs, and other management tools. Successful candidates will assume responsibility and communicate effectively with all internal and external customers and, under supervision, may have more involvement in the entire job cycle on selected small projects.
Starting salary (may include a range): Pay range varies per region. National minimum salary starts at $51,000
Company Benefits: Profit Sharing, Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Retirement Benefits, Disability Insurance, Parental Leave Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation
High school courses important to the position:
- Math: algebra, geometry, trigonometry, pre-calculus
- Science: physics
- English: composition, technical communication
Training, certifications, or degree needed to qualify for the position: A Bachelor’s degree in construction management or engineering is required.
Specific skills that your business recognizes as fundamental to employment (life skills):
• General knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations, understand architectural and engineering drawings, purchase orders, contracts, and cost-coding systems.
• Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively.
What kind of advancement opportunities exist in the company? Career advancement opportunities in the company are available for employees. They vary depending on individuals, business, and team needs.